Meal IdeasMemories to Munch Over
For some general ideas on how to make your food tastier, click here
- Breakfast cereals with full cream milk and sugar, honey or syrup
- Porridge or instant hot oat cereal with fortified milk and sugar, honey or jam
- Scrambled, boiled, poached eggs with well-buttered toast (be aware that white bread in particular may prove troublesome as it tends to swell up and cause a blockage)
- Stewed fruit with full fat yoghurt.
- Muffin or crumpet with thickly spread honey or jam.
- Weetabix with fortified milk and a sprinkle of sugar.
Try having one of the following with your mid-morning cup of coffee or tea:
or for those of you with a more savory tooth
- a slice of your favourite cake
- high energy bar
- a couple of squares of your favourite chocolate
- Fromage Frais
- try having crackers and cheese
- bread sticks and a savoury dip
- Tuna and cucumber sandwich and mayonnaise
- Jacket potatoe, mash the centre of the potatoe with extra butter and add a filling such as, cheese, baked beans, chicken or tuna.
- Sandwiches with fillings such as tuna, cheese and salad, cold meat, egg - all with added mayonnaise.
- Steamed fish with vegetables remembering to add butter to the vegetables.
- Your choice of soup with added cream.
- Full cream milk
- Hot chocolate, malt drinks or coffee made with full cream milk
- Milkshakes or smoothies
- 'Build-Up', 'Complan' or 'Recovery' drinks and soups available from supermarkets and chemists
- Nutritional supplements, as discussed with your dietitian
For Simon’s Nutty Biscuit Recipe (they helped him complete JOGLE 2015), click here.
Experiment with a variety of fresh or stewed fruit, well chopped up, served with either custard or cream.
Wherever possible and when suitable, serve the main meal with a sauce or gravy.
- Pasta with a sauce - bolognaise, cheese, tomato, macaroni cheese or lasagne with a side salad with added dressing.
- Grilled fish (with a sauce - cheese, parsley, white) and buttered vegetables or rice.
- Roast chicken with roast potatoes and buttered vegetables.
- Lamb curry with pulses.
- Shepherds or cottage pie with buttered vegetables.
- Sponge, fruit crumble or pie and custard
- Milk pudding such as rice, tapioca or semolina either tinned or made with full cream milk
- Ice cream or sorbet
- Jelly or trifle
- Full fat or Greek yoghurt, or Fromage Frais
- Mousse, instant whips or blancmange
- Custard, egg custard or creme caramel
- Soft fresh, tinned or stewed fruit with cream, yoghurt, custard or evaporated milk
- Crackers and cheese
- Bread sticks and savoury dips
- Breakfast cereals
Founder & CEO