Schedule of Events
OOSO Events Programme
Events All Year Round
- 22 Oct 2017, The ERAS Programme was 5 Years Old
- 02 Dec 2017, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital - Speaker Bruno Sgromo
- 14 Apr 2018, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital - Speaker Liz Ward
- 09 Jun 2018, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital - Speaker Robert Simon
- 09 Jun 2018, Summer Lunch
- 01 Sep 2018, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital - Speaker Nick Maynard at 1:30 for 2:00 (to help those attending the BBQ)
- 01 Sep 2018, Summer BBQ from 4:00pm
- 01 Dec 2018, OOSO Meeting, Churchill Hospital
Fund Raising Ideas
OOSO was established to help patients, their carers, their family and their friends. This remains the primary reason that OOSO exists.
As with all organisations, large or small, there are running costs incurred in order to maintain the OOSO activities.
The raffle held at each quarterly meeting is one illustration of how money is raised to support OOSO. Over time a number of people have asked for ideas that would enable them to run a project and generate some income for OOSO.
The events pages for each year document some of these successful episodes.
The Donate Page of this web site provides a few options that enable you to assist OOSO by making a direct contribution.
However, if you are looking for inspiration for a fun idea that you can share with others, click here for a fully comprehensive A to Z list of ideas.OOSO Meetings at The Churchill
The meetings are planned to start at 10:30. Refreshments and informal discussions are available from 10:00.
The meetings are held in Meeting Rooms 1, 2 and 3, on Level 2, in the Cancer and Haematology Centre, of The Churchill Hospital.
Enter the Churchill Hospital through the main entrance (passing the shops), and take the lift to the second floor. As you exit the lift immediately turn left then left again down the first corridor. At the second left go down another corridor (sign-posted Meeting Rooms) and on to the Meeting Rooms.
You will come across people gathering and will be asked for your name to put on a name tag.
Our meetings are usually attended by members of our clinical team – Surgeons, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, etc. and all the information exchanged is completely confidential and transparent. We sometimes are fortunate enough to have specialist guest speakers.
Founder & CEO